Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Mr. and Miss Chicken Wing: Model Citizens Part II


So, I left you with the mock engagement pictures that my fabulous friend took. I hope you liked them! After that, it was time for me to shine! :) (And, let's be honest, what girl doesn't want the chance to feel like Heidi Klum, Giselle, or Cindy Crawford?!?!?!)

Random Gnat-like Chicken Wing Thought: I once saw the following bumper sticker and friends of mine said it reminded them of me...I figured I'd share, you know, since we're on the topic of shining!!!


But, I guess that's neither here nor there, is it? ;) Back to the reason for this post...

I got a fabulous opportunity at work to be the official spokeswoman of a vertical website we're starting, which means that I get to star in all of the commercials and be featured on our major website! Cool, huh? The commercial, which you will see at a later date, came out pretty good, I think.

(What's that? You want to see it now? I've got to leave something to the imagination - otherwise, you'd be completely bored by this blog and you'd never come back - and that's the last thing I want!).

The first commercial centered around the Weddings section of the new website. Basically, that section of the site allows brides-to-be to find all the vendors they'll need to plan their big day, and they can even post their engagement and wedding announcements for FREE! Awesome, right? I know! This is the new thing - you get engaged, and you create an announcement for it. In the "olden" days, you would simply do a write-up for the paper, and you could include one black and white photo. Nowadays, with the internet, (this new website included) you can do the same exact thing (except in COLOR) and you can send the link to all of your friends and family! This way, it doesn't matter if they don't subscribe to the newspaper you put your announcement in!

Okay, I know I keep jumping, but keep with me, peeps! While shooting the first commercial, one of the most fabulous photographers of all time took some still shots of me in the wedding gown (aka my costume for the day!), and I wanted to share those with you. It's really crazy to see myself in a wedding gown. I was absolutely sure that Mr. Chicken Wing would freak out, but his reaction was actually pretty adorable - he had this look of slight awe and said, "Wow....you look absolutely beautiful." (Yeah, I was pretty stoked with that reaction). I know Momma Chicken Wing freaked out! Haha!

So, here we go...take a deep breath, and let's see the goods!

Source

Source

Source

So, I know what you're thinking...MOTHER OF ALL THINGS HOLY, THAT DRESS IS GORGEOUS!!!!! I know, I felt the same way! If you would like to try on or purchase that wedding gown, go here. If you would like to post your wedding or engagment announcement for free, go here. Basically, I am HIGHLY recommending any of the sources I've linked to in this post. Feel free to leave comments and let me know what you think!

And don't forget to stay tuned for the commercial/website advertising post! It's pretty cool!!!

Until next time,
Miss "Glitterific" Chicken Wing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...