Saturday, October 31, 2009

So....This Week Was Interesting!

Before I go into the original topic of this post, please let me wish each and every follower and reader of this blog a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!! :) I hope that everyone celebrated in the way that they felt was best, whether it be by dressing up the kids and taking them trick-or-treating or by dressing up yourself and going to a party with all your friends! It was rainy here, but the kids were still out in full force this year, out to get their treats!


But, this Halloween was the culmination of a crazy and hectic week at Casa de Chicken Wing! In addition to the normally busy week of just working, Mr. Chicken Wing started to feel weird. He just wasn't himself. After three days of coughing his head off, I took him to the doctor to figure out what was wrong (because you know what they say about headless chickens!).


We expected the doctor to say that it was just a really bad seasonal allergy attack. What we didn't expect was for the doctor to say, "I'm sorry to let you know that you've tested positive for H1N1."


Yep, that's right. Mr. Chicken Wing had the swine flu!


My little piggy! Swine Flu - 1, Mr. Chicken Wing - 0

So, basically, Mr. Chicken Wing ran a fever for the better part of 4.5 days, and he just felt awful. And, because he was "otherwise healthy," they couldn't give him the Tamiflu that would have helped him get better more quickly. They've just had so many cases that their supply is low, and they have to save it for asthmatics and people with pre-existing lung and respiratory conditions. We had to alternate two Tylenol and two Ibuprofen every four hours, and she did give him a prescription cough syrup.


I felt so bad for him. Mr. Chicken Wing was confined to one room in the house, and every single thing he touched got Lysol'ed every five seconds. I'm sure he felt kind of bad because of that, and so I felt bad for doing it. But, nobody else in our house got sick! (I've been sleeping on the couch with the two dogs since Monday!)


We just had to take extra precautions, and luckily, it worked!


So, that was our crazy and off-schedule week! It was a challenge, but we made it through, and I am happy to report that we've made it to the other side! God is good!!! And now, I am signing off to hang out with my Mr. Chicken Wing, since this is the first time he's been allowed downstairs in a week! :)


Until next time,
Miss Chicken Wing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...