Thursday, September 23, 2010

MAJOR Irritation

I pride myself on being nice to people.  I would say I have a lot of friends, and that I'm generally well-liked.  I hope my pals would tell you that if they ever needed me, they could count on me to be there for them.  But, I do have another side that doesn't normally make its way into the light.

This alter-ego is Scrappy, as some of my coworkers hilariously dubbed me.  Scrappy is not one to be crossed.  Scrappy will put you in your place and put fear in your heart.  It takes a lot to bring Scrappy out, but I would like to introduce you to one of my worst enemies in the world, someone I have a MAJOR irritation with:

Source
Would it help if I put it in a "her" form?

You know girls are catty. Source
Pardon my french, but Ivy, as we'll call her, is a major cuss word.  She's the meanest of the mean, and she doesn't care if you were having a perfectly good day.  If she wants to take you down, she will.  Granted, you might be one of the few lucky ones who are immune to her, but rest assured, I.am.not.one.of.the.lucky.ones.

Let's just say that I got into a tangle with Ivy and while I am not going to say she won, I will say that she is busy telling all her friends, "Yeah, I look like this but you should see Chicken Wing."  Cuss word, like I said. 

She gets bragging rights.  As for me, I got a 12-day Prednisone schedule, coupled with Claritin twice a day.  Oh, and the skin irritation and agonizing itching that pretty much makes you want to go up to an impressionable friend and convince them to just put you down.

I am happy to report that I finally achieved two nights of continuous sleep where I was not awakened with that dreadful itch at 2am.  Or 4am.  Let's hope we can make it three nights tonight.  Pray for me, Peeps.

Hopefully, this will be the last run-in I have with Ivy for awhile.  I haven't gotten into a fight this bad with her in years, and I hope we can put a few more years in between now and the next time we throw down. 

But, just in case I haven't made myself crystal clear with where I stand in this ongoing fued, let me toss this careful warning out there:

Watch your back, Ivy.  If you have a choice between taking a dark alley or a road with a streetlamp on at night, choose the streetlamp.  You better start using the buddy system.  You are making the Wing very angry...and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Until next time,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...