Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'm Proud To Be An American....Idol Fan?

Okay, so I know you've all been tuning in even if you promised yourself that Simon Cowell's last season would be your last season.

If that's how you felt, you're not alone.  I, too, said that I was done with Idol and that it could never been the same.

Well, Peeps, if you've been watching at all this season, you know that we were all wrong.  I'm actually digging this season of Idol and I absolutely love the freshness that Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez have brought to the judges panel.

Okay, let's start by looking at my favorite parts of the show so far.

We want YOU, Dawg!
Randy, Randy, Randy.  I've always liked you.  You actually have your hands very much in the music industry, and I agree with what you're saying eight times out of ten, which I wouldn't call too shabby.  You seem to be one of the most level-headed, and I think it's important to keep someone on the panel who has been along for the ride.  Thank you for delivering that for me.

"Owwwwww" (in a high-pitched voice)
Steven Tyler, you are a funny little man.  Not to mention, you are absolutely hysterical, in my opinion!  From the "Yo, dude, are those Tevas?" comment to the random howls and screams, thank you for making me laugh episode after episode.  Just when I thought you were all fun and games (complete with potty mouth and very strange random sayings), you go and do this to me:



Source

It completely caught me off guard to see you be so incredibly sweet to her and her mother, but it made me like you that much more. In fact, I could totally see why so many ladies find you attractive in that moment.

Remember, her love don't cost a thing.
Okay, first of all, I can honestly say that I never realized just how BEAUTIFUL Jennifer Lopez is until she became a judge on American Idol.  She'd always been one of those hit-or-miss ladies for me - sometimes she looked amazing. Other times, I just didn't get it.

I think Jennifer has added a lot to the show so far - she seems to know what she's talking about, she can make a coherent sentence (unlike another lady judge we all used to know and love), and she still has the kind heart that is needed in a harsh judgment-filled world.  She seems to really own the knowledge that while you have to deliver criticism, you still have people's dreams in your hands.  And, she's pretty funny, too. 

I was hardly expecting the personality that I have gotten from both Steven Tyler and J.Lo, but I would have to say that I love it!  Ryan Seacrest is still doing a great job playing host (and I imagine he will get picked on less this season).  The other great thing that hasn't changed about this show is that there are always more talented people popping up each year.  I've been amazed at the fifteen-year-old talent that has shown up this season.  I'm excited to see how it all turns out!

Hooray for a classic realty television show getting revamped!  For now, American Idol, you've still got a fan in me.  Congratulations.

Until next time,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...