Sunday, September 11, 2011

Songs of Sunday - Special Edition



9/11 - We will never forget...

I still remember where I was ten years ago today.  I was a high school student standing in the student lounge of our local community college with my friends in Governor's School.  We were huddled together watching the tragic events of the morning unfolding on the televisions there.  We stood in silence - in disbelief - most of us with our hands on our heads or on our mouths.  The horror pumped through all of our veins as our heart rates increased with each passing moment.

With those memories in mind, it was appropriate that the ten year anniversary of 9/11 fell on a Sunday.  In church today, we had a wonderful tribute and we lifted the victims' families and friends up in prayer together and individually.  We sang songs about reaching out to complete strangers because Christ's compassion doesn't play favorites - about expanding our scopes to include all the people of the world as our neighbors.

I've been pretty busy the past week, but I wanted to share a couple of the songs that we sang in church today to get your week started off right.

Matthew West - My Own Little World

Source

Matt Redman - We Could Change The World

Source

It's been an amazing albeit bittersweet day for me - Comanche and I have been hanging out with friends watching football (my Redskins and his Cowboys - I know, it's insanity), eating steaks we grilled, and having fellowship with our church family.  We know how lucky we are and therefore, we must continue to be mindful of those folks who are hurting today.  If you can spare five minutes, lift them up, everyone!  It'll be worth it!

Until next time,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...