Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011 Recap

I sincerely hope that each and every one of you had a fabulous Christmas and made time to remember the reason for the season during your hustling and bustling!  It's time for the annual Chicken Wing Christmas Recap! 

Our weekend started with Comanche's family celebration, where we got together and exchanged gifts and Comanche's older brother prepared cherries jubilee for everyone!  It was amazing to hang out with my soon-to-be in-laws and nephews and watch them interact with CiCi and MuChi, who came along in their Christmas best - a sweater for CiCi and MuChi's famous "I ate Santa's cookies" t-shirt!

Then, it was on to Momma Chicken Wing's house where the Chicken Wing siblings did our annual tradition - we drag Little Brother Chicken Wing's mattress into Little Sister CW's room and we all stay cramped in there and watch Elf as we fall asleep.  Always funny!


pics on Sodahead


The next morning, we opened our family stockings, and this was the very first Christmas for Momma CW's new husband Dubya!  I think he made out like a bandit and had some Christmas fun!  After we all got dressed and ready, we made the trip to Grandma Chicken Wing's house with all of our presents and had one of the most delicious Southern lunches you've ever seen!

On the menu:  turkey, country ham, creamed potatoes, green beans, butter beans, corn pudding, deviled eggs, rolls, fried apples, stuffing, macaroni and cheese, sweet potato casserole, macaroni salad, pumpkin pie, chocolate cake with white icing - it could not be beat, I'm telling you what!

After lunch came the food coma and then we opened gifts, which is always so much fun!  I get way more excited to watch everyone else open their gifts than I do to open mine!  I will say that Comanche did especially well this year!  He knows me better than I know myself sometimes and he gave me two gifts that stood out this year!  The first?  These gorgeous Jessica Simpson flats that I'd been drooling over for weeks:


Bring on the bling!  Your feet should get to sparkle too!

The other gift is one that I will truly cherish forever!  For our wedding next year, there are lots of things that will be classic and traditional (we're not too wacky, y'all!).  One thing that will be a little different is that I didn't want to wear pearls on my wedding day.  I know, I know - call me crazy!  I want to wear blue topaz jewelry since it is my Daddy's birthstone - that way, he can be with me all day even though he can't be there in person!  I had one blue topaz necklace, but it wasn't going to work, so Comanche got me the most perfect and beautiful necklace ever!  Here's the photo of it from the seller:

Isn't it GORGEOUS?!?!?

What I love about it is that I can enjoy this on our wedding day but also any other day!  It is so pretty and in no way is it too gaudy for everyday!  The really cool thing is that blue topaz is also Comanche's birthstone, so it's really special! I think the man did very well this year and I adore him!  (For those of you who wonder how Comanche made out, he did pretty well - I finished off his weight set for him for Christmas and his birthday, which was two days after Christmas)!

I hope you all had a fabulous holiday full of laughs, smiles, and thankfulness!  I am so excited for next Christmas as I expect it will be even better!

Until next time,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...