Friday, August 21, 2009

5-Minute Mental Health Break



THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!

I just needed to get that out of my system! I don't know about the rest of you, but I've had a long week! I am greatly looking forward to hopefully doing a minimal amount of things this weekend, as I desperately need to get my laundry situation in order.

I'm also at the point in my life where I've learned how necessary de-cluttering can be. You know you must be blessed when you have more things than you have space for or know what to do with, and I am thankful for that. However, I almost feel like all of my "stuff" is taking over my life. One should really have no need for the amount of clothes that I have. And, let's face it, if I can somehow bring myself to really take the time to sort through it, I might be able to reduce the amount of laundry that I am allowed to do, which could honestly be a blessing in disguise.

I don't want to sound ungrateful, because I definitely am grateful for all that I have, but I think it's time for a change. I want to see if I can be happy with less stuff.

So, that's the project that I'm going to be continually working on for the next month or so. Grandma Chicken Wing has already picked the date for the next yard sale, and I'm going to really try hard to downsize for this one. I made a valiant effort last time, but I want to kick it up a notch for the next one. So, wish me luck! I love that my things can be loved by new people, especially if they need them more than I do.

So, faithful followers, here's to FRIDAY (one of the best days of the week, in my opinion)! Here's to de-cluttering our lives! Here's to trying to relax at some point this weekend! Here's to _____________ (I'll let you fill in the blank)!


Until next time,
Miss Chicken Wing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...