Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Chicken Wing Musical Obsession Part Deux

Okay, I have a confession to make. In regards to the title of this post, I have to warn you that this may happen a lot, where I introduce musical acts that I am obsessed with.

The reason for that is because music flows in my heart. I love almost EVERY single kind of music you can throw at me, and I genuinely mean that. There are always different things that capture me, from the melody to the lyrics, to the overall presentation. Sometimes, I like a band just because of how they perform live. Sometimes, I like an artist based only on what they record (you know those artists/bands - you obsess over their CD's and then buy tickets to their show and it's horrible).

But this guy I'm going to obsess over with you seems to be the real deal. His name is Jason Mraz, and behind the handsome voice is a great performer. His demeanor seems very laid back, which is why the end result shocks your system - his songs sound simple, and are easy to hum along to, but when you really take a second and listen, the intricate musicality that he intertwines with his lyrics is really outstanding.

If you like what you're about to hear, and want more, look up the following titles: "I'm Yours," "Lucky," "You and I Both," or "The Remedy," all of which had major radio play and are simply fabulous!

The song I'm going to share with you, though, is entitled "If It Kills Me," and it just might be one of the most romantic songs ever! The first video has a picture of Jason, so you can see him (he's quite cute) and is a very clear rendition of this song. Then, if the song itself didn't make you feel anything at all (in which case, check your pulse because you're more than likely crazy), I've included the second video, which is a number from So You Think You Can Dance. Yes, I'm sure you're surprised about that one! Haha! But, it's my blog, so I can reference that show as many times as I want! :-) The choreography is by Travis Wall and the dancers are Jason and Jeanine, and they do a marvelous job.

So, enjoy it, Chicken-Wingers! I hope you fall in love with this artist. Trust me, they wouldn't make the blog if I didn't honestly believe they're worth it!

Here we go!





Until next time,
Swaying-and-humming Miss Chicken Wing

2 comments:

Brenda Drake Bowdel said...

You and I are on the same page SO frequently. I spent a lot of time this weekend downloading Jason Mraz songs after hearing them on the SYTYCD auditions (I had several stored on the Tivo)! I absolutely love him. My new favorite song is "A Beautiful Mess."

Chicken Wing said...

I am so glad to hear that we're on the same page! I'm telling you, this blog has been such an incredible outlet for me, both personally and creatively, and it's been the coolest knowing that people feel the same way that I do! I love Jason Mraz, and I'm going to have to give "A Beautiful Mess" a listen! Thanks for the recommendation!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...