Friday, October 23, 2009

Chick's Pick: New Music For My Peeps!

As you already know, I have totally random tastes in music, but music is what I respond to most. So, one of my favorite types of posts are ones where I can "introduce" my Peeps to music that is speaking to me and that I find to be catchy. The way I figure it, I get to listen to good stuff, you get to listen to good stuff, and who knows...you might just find your favorite new artist.

Before I share with you a few tunes that have my toes tappin', I'd like to share that I never ever mean to infringe on any type of copyright/ownership situations that are already in place. The reason why I share music on my blog is simply to amp up awareness of the artist and the song, and also to share my love of the music with more people. There's never any negative "pulling a fast one" intentions to my music sharing; it's just that - music sharing. The more people who know about an artist, the more people who will hopefully love them and support them in their careers. So, just to be as transparently clear as I can: I own the rights to absolutely nothing I'm about to show you, apart from my words. All credits go to the artists/songwriters/production and record companies, etc.

Okay, now that I've gotten the "official" jargon out of the way, I can share with you some Chick's Picks that are slowly making their way into my playlist!

First up is a fellow named Jason Derulo, and he has a song that is catchy as can be, even though the topic isn't the best. Basically, it's about a cheater trying to get back with the one he cheated on. How you can take a topic such as that and make it likeable enough for me to sing along in my car and happy-clap when it comes on is beyond me. One of the reasons I like this song is because Jason samples Imogen Heap in it. (Basically, she is the female voice on this track, and the song of hers he sampled is entitled Hide and Seek. Hear that song here.) Enjoy this video. If it gets taken down, I apologize....just let me know and I'll try to find another one for you.

Jason Derulo - Whatcha Say

Source

Next up is a totally catchy tune by a band called The Script. I heard it on my Sirius XM Satellite Radio one day as an "Ear-Poppin New Music" selection. (Yes, that is what they call it!) It immediately got stuck in my head, and even though I couldn't remember the words, I was humming it for a good 30-45 minutes after first hearing it. Naturally, I stalked the three or four words I could remember and found it! :) Now, it's here for your listening enjoyment.

The Script - Break Even (with lyrics)

Source

Okay, another one that is so quirky and weird but so catchy and cute is "Fireflies" by Owl City. At first you think, "Seriously. Chicken Wing actually wants me to listen to this?" Then you think, "Seriously. Chicken Wing actually likes this song?" Then, you give it a second chance and you think, "Seriously. This song is kind-of awesome." It pretty much builds from there. Quirky, Weird, Catchy, Cute. Pretty much that order. Enjoy!

Owl City - Fireflies (with lyrics)

Source
So, what do you think? Any new faves come from this list? Hopefully, my Peeps don't think I struck out on these, and look forward to more ear-opening posts like this one! If you have any cool music selections for me, comment me and let me know! I will give ANYTHING a listen once!
Until next time,
A Humming Miss Chicken Wing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...