Tuesday, October 20, 2009

If You Are Able, Revisited...

N
OT-SO-FUN FACT OF THE DAY:
Today an estimated 5.3 million Americans are living with Alzheimer's. In addition, 78 million baby boomers are approaching the age of greatest risk for developing this fatal disease.

This will be my second year supporting those affected by Alzheimer's, but it is the first year that I am supporting someone I actually know and love. As of this year, I have been personally affected by this disease, so I'm participating in the Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk® this weekend to raise funds and awareness to fight this horrible disease. Our walk last year was a great success, and there were people from all walks of life showing their support - by walking, by running, by donating! I can tell you that dealing with this disease is absolutely not fun - it's an incredibly cruel process that steals the lives and minds of some of the best people this world has to offer.

This disease came after my family.
This disease made it personal.
This is why I walk.
This is why I donate.
This is why I work so hard to raise money.

If we don't find a cure, it is only a matter of time before Alzheimer's touches everyone.

The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research, and the funds I raise will go directly toward supporting their efforts. I know I can make a difference with your support, should you feel inclined to give it! I also know that the current economy has made all of us re-evaluate where we allocate our monthly intake. It's definitely made it harder on everyone, and that is why I will be so thankful for any pennies I may receive towards this year's campaign!

Thank you in advance for checking out the blog, and I cannot thank everyone enough for their extreme generosity - together, we can help end Alzheimer's!

Please click on the link (or copy the link to my page (below) into your web browser):

http://memorywalk09.kintera.org/lynchburg/endalznow

Again, thank you a million times over for hearing my cause! If you are able to donate, thank you a million times, too! Your donation will not be used in vain!

All my love and gratitude,
Miss Chicken Wing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...