Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pat Eye Owe

I can't speak for the rest of the country, but today in my world, it's a beautiful fall day. The air is slightly crisp, the sun is shining, and all is good today. I've decided to devote this post to one of my favorite places in the rental unit that I call home: the patio (get the post title now?).

The person that made the patio special for me was Mr. Chicken Wing's mom. She gave Mr. Chicken Wing his grill, which makes him (and subsequently me) very happy. Mr. Chicken Wing looooooves to cook, and I loooooooooove to eat what he makes! :) It's a pretty good setup I have here! LOL!

Here we are! Mr. Chicken Wing is wearing the new apron I got him! It's the ultimate "dude's" apron, complete with an insulated pocket for his beer and an attached zipline bottle opener.

That's why Mr. Chicken Wing loves the patio - it's an extension of his kitchen, and it allows him to do what he loves to do, which is feed people! As for me, while I love to be fed, there is another aspect of the patio that makes me pretty happy. Again, HUGE shout-out to Mr. Chicken Wing's mom because she provided us with the most adorable patio set that has ever existed!


See???? I told you! Still not sure???

MuChi loves the patio set, too!

There are many reasons why I love this patio set but there are two in particular that I wanted to share with you. When you have little dogs and a backyard that's not fenced in, you only have a few options. One is to leash them 100% of the time, which is fun while on walks, but not so much for every single time they need to go outside. This patio set allows me to sit in comfort and watch them while they play! It's so relaxing just to be able to enjoy outside all while fulfilling an important obligation of being a devoted pet mother! :)

If you look closely, you can see CiCi doing at the top right of the picture! She's having a ball!

The other reason why I love this patio set so much is that, when the weather is good, it allows me to save an immense amount of time in the morning. Anyone who has ever met me can confirm to you that I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON. If I had my way, I would work from 10am on. I don't feel at my best early in the morning, and I can't muster my "go get 'em, Tiger" attitude before 10am. It's sad, but it's true. So, anything that allows me to save time in the morning is something that I love. This patio set has allowed me to do that!

As explained before, the dogs have to go outside every morning. (Come on, can you honestly say that you don't have to "go outside" every morning?) Before, I would stand and wait as the 10-15 minutes of them sniffing every piece of grass in the yard happened, which meant I had to factor that 10-15 minutes into my morning routine by getting up 10-15 minutes earlier. BOO to that. Now, with this patio set, as long as the weather is nice, I sit outside while they "go outside" and I put on my makeup, which is something that I have to do every morning anyways! So, I save the 10-15 minutes and can sleep a little bit longer! YAY TO THAT!!!

See? So much easier!!! It's two jobs in one!

So, as I've said before, I have to give a HUGE THANK YOU SHOUT-OUT to Mr. Chicken Wing's mom, who has basically saved my life in the mornings, and has given us the two reasons why we love our patio. She's extended our home area, and life is much more enjoyable because of that!

I hope that everyone has the chance to enjoy life on a PAT EYE OWE!

Until next time
Miss Chicken Wing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...