Friday, November 6, 2009

Chicken Wing Quote of the Day

Once again, REAL SIMPLE magazine pulls through with a great quote to start this Friday. As my mental health break this morning, I decided that I'd love to share it with you.

“Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless.” - Thomas Edison

This quote applies to me especially because I am what is known as a planner. Most of the time, I'm at my absolute happiest when I have a plan of action - an itinerary for trips/outings, for example. I don't like going on a trip and then idly sitting around. I like to do things - I live for the experience! (I will admit to being an anomaly, though...sometimes, I do like to be spontaneous. A great instance of this is window shopping - I LOVE window shopping, which never has an itinerary or schedule. That is one of my times to wander along aimlessly, just enjoying the views.)

Sometimes, though, my plans just don't work out - it's that simple. It's then that one has to improvise and adapt, and I think that is the essence of what Mr. Edison is saying. Just because you didn't get your way doesn't mean that all is lost. And that is a lesson that we can all put to use in our everyday lives.

Happy Friday, everyone!

Until next time,
Miss Chicken Wing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...