Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas Is Coming: Better Prepare Yourselves!

"Here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus, right down Santa Claus Lane..."

Can you hear the Christmas music? Can you feel the spirit of the season coming on? No? Well, get on board, Peeps, because Christmas is coming...and with that comes my favorite holiday of the year!

(Basically, you should read the passage above as follows: Prepare yourselves, because Christmastime is going to take over this blog for a little while!)

I love this holiday for the obvious reasons - there is a magical air about the world where meanness goes down and happiness and love go up. I love that I get to see family that I don't see all the time. I love the food that we are blessed enough to have together. I love watching my loved ones opening up the presents that they didn't know about (surprises are the best!). I love soaking in the memories, because our family members won't be around forever, and you have to be present as discussed in the post just before this one. I love the Christmas music!!!! I love hoping for snow, and getting snow! I love that we celebrate Jesus, and He is truly the reason for the season! His sacrifices allow us to enjoy all we have in life, and for that, you must be thankful!

One other thing that I absolutely LOVE about Christmas is the decorations! My goal is to make it look like Christmas exploded inside my house! :) I am currently in the stages of decorating now, so stay tuned to see Casa de Chicken Wing all Christmas-fied!

With decorations comes Christmas ornaments, and decorating the tree (another reason why I love Christmas!). This past weekend after Thanksgiving, we decorated Grandma and Papa Chicken Wing's tree, and Momma Chicken Wing's tree. I will be sure to post some pictures of those in my tree post (along with our tree).

I know that my family has a tradition of giving Christmas ornaments to each other, and I love it! When I left the "nest," I already had a great start to my own tree, which was great because I had some old and was then able to purchase some on my own! It's a tradition I hope to pass on when I have little Chicks!

So, I decided to share some with you that I found to be completely awesome this year! I hope you find one you like, or at least become inspired! It's time to get excited for Christmas!!!


<--(Source)
This could be the most perfect option for 1) the resident golfer in your life or 2) the person who loves the movie "Caddyshack." I know that it was one of my Daddy's favorite movies, and I'm sure that anyone would love to hang this adorable "Teed-Off Gopher" on their tree!!!

-->(Source)
"I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas....only a hippopotamus will do...." I know you've heard this familiar Christmas classic, and if you're like me, it gets COMPLETELY stuck in your head for hours after first hearing it. I actually have a coworker who loves this song, and he was gifted with this ornament last year. He still gets so excited and happy every time he presses the button (yes, it's musical!)!


<--(Source)
This is an ornament that I really want to add to my collection! As a child, Disney movies were my film existence for the most part, and I always loved "The Little Mermaid." I also was given multiple gifts of "Precious Moments," which this ornament also embodies.

-->(Source)
"You'll shoot your eye out!" This ornament, appropriately titled "Ralphie's Pink Nightmare," immediately put a smile upon my face. It really makes you remember Ralphie's embarassment during the holidays, and while it's not my personal favorite Christmas movie, I'm sure it is for others! Who knows? Maybe someone in your family loves this film, and would love a little Ralphie to adorn their tree!

<--(Source)
"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" is my FAVORITE Christmas movie of all time, and that is why I had to show you this ornament! I have several Rudolph ornaments that are from the movie but none that included Santa himself! When I saw this ornament, my first reaction was "Eat, Papa, eat!" LOL! If you've seen the movie, this was likely your first reaction, too!

So, these are the ornaments that have inspired me this season, and I hope that each and every one of my Peeps is getting in the holiday spirit! Stay tuned for more Christmas-themed posts, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

Until next time,
Miss Chicken Wing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...