Sunday, December 20, 2009

Rest In Peace!

I apologize for my delay in blogging - we've experienced the largest snowstorm we've had in years, and therefore, I have been outside enjoying it! :)

But, I wanted to take a quick moment to post on a terrible tragedy that came out of Hollywood today before I get back into the swing of things and begin posting fabulous coverage of the snowstorm!

Today, at the age of 32, actress Brittany Murphy passed away, supposedly of cardiac arrest. While an autopsy is set to be done in near future, it is truly a sad day for those who loved her in films such as Clueless, 8 Mile, Little Black Book, Don't Say a Word, Girl Interrupted, Sin City, Uptown Girls, and my personal favorite of hers, Just Married.


In fact, I loved it so much, I put mine and Mr. Chicken Wing's faces into on FaceInHole.com. See?


That movie produced one of the most profound statements about love and/or marriage that I'd ever heard at the time, and it's stuck with me since the movie came out in 2003 (I'd say that almost 7 years is a pretty decent amount of time to remember a movie quote, wouldn't you?).

In the movie, Ashton Kutcher's father, Mr. Leezak, says the following thing after the newlyweds encounter some tough times directly after getting married:

"Some days your mother and me loved each other. Other days we had to work at it. You never see the hard days in a photo album...but those are the ones that get you from one happy snapshot to the next."

How true is that? When you look at someone's photo album, you never see them fighting, mad, or arguing about something - you usually see them smiling or laughing. But, that doesn't mean that they don't go through tough things. Brittany Murphy helped make that movie for me, and it is still one of my favorite romantic comedies. It is truly a sad time for Hollywood now that she's gone, and at such a young age.

So, I hope she rests in peace, and that she knows just how much she touched the world in such a short time. Thank you for sharing your gift with us, Brittany. You will be truly missed.

Until next time (and a more fun post),
Miss Chicken Wing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...