Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Post About Grass


Yes, Peeps...you read that correctly - this is a post about grass. (Now, you didn't honestly think I'd make you read continuous posts that were only about Christmas, did you? While I love Christmas to pieces, even I know that we would be traveling down a monotonous road if that's all I posted about this month).

Now, you already know that I've got the attention span of a gnat, but you might say that this is a major jump, even for me. Really, Chicken Wing? You go from Christmas to grass????

Hang with me! I heard a quote the other day that resonated with me, and inspired me, to say the least. As you know, when I find these so-called gems, I like to share them with you, because they might affect you in the same way!

So, here goes...

"The grass isn't greener on the other side, but where you choose to water it." - Author Unknown

Wow. I'd never heard this quote before, but how profound it is. In a nutshell, your grass is the greenest where you decide to nurture it.

If you're unhappy in your life, job, or relationship, the easy way out is too look elsewhere and dream of that "greener" grass. The fulfilling way to go about it, though, is to...

Water the grass you have. Mow the grass you have.
If you're not doing your part, and putting in the work to make your own grass greener, there will always be temptation elsewhere. But, when you put in the effort and the elbow-grease, and you nurture your "grass," it's that much more worthwhile to you. You can't take ownership of grass you don't have, but you can make your grass the best in the neighborhood and that is something to be proud of.

So, there you have it, Peeps. A quote for the ages. Here's to all of us, and to making our "grass" the greenest that we can!

Until next time,

Miss Chicken Wing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...