Friday, October 22, 2010

Doing Things I've Never Done

With all the changes I've been through this year, I've discovered that I actually had a very surprising reaction to change - I actually am learning how to roll with it.  Not only am I learning to roll with it, but I'm even more open to new ideas and new experiences than I've ever been before.

Couple that notion with people who are actually listening when you speak and putting your thoughts into action, and you've got yourself a new way of looking at the world.

You'd like an example of this?  Guess what I'm doing tonight.  No seriously.  Make my day, punk.

I'll give you a few hints.  Take a look at the following pictures and you might get a better idea of what's going down.

Source

Source

You've probably been able to deduce by now that I am, in fact, camping tonight.  Outside.  In the dark.  When it's going to get down to the low 30's.  When there will be "patches of frost."  In a tent.  That is going to happen.

Ordinarily, folks would say, "Well, Chicken Wing, why would you be so shocked that you're going camping?"

Because Chicken Wing + camping =


Hot - Yes.  Camper - No.
So, wish me luck, Peeps.  I'll be sure to update you on how this goes.  Technically, this was my idea.  I was the one who said, "I think I'd like to go camping sometime."  Little did I know that I would be presented with a tent, sleeping bags, folding bag chairs, and the promise of a campfire and s'mores.

Moral of this story:  Be careful what you wish for.

Just for fun, and because it's Friday, I will leave you with a video that will most likely be occurring again tonight - my beloved Jessica Simpson and her then-husband, Nick Lachey....camping.  It's one of my favorites of the Newlyweds episodes (yes, I own all three seasons on DVD.  Don't hate.).  It's also a wee bit long, but definitely worth the time if you have it.


Source

Until next time,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...