Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Milestone Reached

Well, Peeps, a milestone occurred that I absolutely cannot believe is even humanly possible.  Little Brother Chicken Wing had a big birthday recently (and shame on me for taking so long to blog about it) - that's right, folks, my baby brother turned TWENTY-ONE.

I had a bit of a hard time accepting that for a number of reasons.  Primarily, the fact that he could physically be twenty-one years old means that I have to be a fair share older than that, and who really likes to think about that, anyways?

This also meant that he is continually growing up, and I don't actually know why I am surprised by that - he's kinda sorta been working on that one his entire life.  Either way, whenever there is a milestone for him like a twenty-first birthday, it's just a harsh reminder that he's not a little boy anymore.

What was pretty darn cool, however, was that my little bro wanted to live out his dream of being able to order a beverage in a restaurant...and he wanted to hang out with his big sisters while doing it.  I couldn't believe he actually wanted us to be a part of his big night, but he did.  We had a great time, and had some major laughs, and Little Brother Chicken Wing had a night of nights.

Actual photo of the Chicken Wing sibs on the big night!
So, here's to you, Little Brother Chicken Wing, on your twenty-first birthday.  Thanks for being the best little brother ever, and thanks for thinking of your big sisters at an age where hanging with your family isn't necessarily the "cool" thing to do.  We love you, and you're a grown up now!  :)

Until next time,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...