Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Why Wednesday Is My Favorite Weekday

Okay, for some reason, it occurred to me that I haven't really expressed my true feelings about something.  You know how (typically, many times) you get kicked in the butt and filled with regret when you realize that you never expressed love or appreciation for someone, somewhere, or something?

Well, I try to always love with my heart (and mouth) wide open - whoa...that sounded wayyyy dirtier than I ever anticipated.  By that, I mean I always try to TELL PEOPLE/THINGS that I love them.  We're talking about verbalizing here, peeps, not anything else.

Anywho, now that I've completely derailed this train, I am hoping to bring you all back by saying that there is one reason, and one reason only that Wednesday is my favorite weekday.

LOVE these characters so, so much!

Enter Modern Family, aka the funniest show on television.

Now, I've been an uber dedicated MF fan since the very beginning.  You see, one of the perks of working as the research girl for a TV station is that I get to watch the pilots of new shows WAY before you do.  Jealous?  In most cases, you should be, so it's completely understandable. Modern Family is one of the gems that I was able to preview early on, and I created estimates that showed this show swinging for the fences as far as ratings go.  In fact, multiple people in my office told me I was crazy based on the synopsis of the show....that is, until they watched the first episode.  The very next day, we were all hysterically laughing-until-you're-crying about the shenanigans that took place.  Well done, Chicken Wing, way to be a trailblazer.

I mean, you are CUCKOO with a capital Cocoa Puffs if you don't like this show.  Everyone can relate to at least one character, and it is literally one of the funniest shows I've ever seen.  It makes me belly laugh at least once an episode, and I currently have Season 1 on DVD.  Yeah, it's that good.

So, I just wanted to share this love of Modern Family with you, because tomorrow is Wednesday, which is my favorite weekday.  (Clearly, I can't place more excitement on Wednesday than on the weekend, because we just shouldn't kid ourselves).

In case you'd like a little taste of the good stuff, this is last week's episode, "Good Cop Bad Dog," which had me crying!


Source

Hope you all start setting your TiVo's right away and make your own weeks that much better!  If you ever get the chance to meet anyone on Modern Family, tell em the Chicken Wing sent you!
Until next time,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...