Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Just In Case You Want To Follow Along

Source

I've never ever wanted to be one of "those people."  You know the kind - their conversation consists of one thing, and it's always the same old thing.  It's not that you don't care about their kids' neverending sagas or their parents being crazy.  It's not that you wish any ill-will on their big special day or their impending baby - it's just that it's hard sometimes to get just as excited as they do when you're not in the same situation. 

I want to be clear - I don't get aggravated with people who do this because I've done it myself from time to time.  I just decided that I'd like to set a goal for myself and that goal is this:  I don't want to force my wedding day to be the most important day of everybody's lives.  Yes, it will be the most important day of my life.  Yes, planning is stressful.  Yes, it's a big.freaking.deal.  But, people have other things going on, so my personal policy for all of my readers is this:  if you want to know about my wedding, ask me what's going on with the planning.  If you don't, that's cool too. 

This brings me to my latest struggle - I've been wanting to journal my journey of sorts down the aisle, and I wasn't sure how to accomplish this.  Originally, I thought I'd just write about the big day here, but then I realized that there are some folks who probably aren't that interested in weddings, so I didn't want to alienate anyone who chooses to read my blog.  Yes, I could argue that it is my blog and I can do what I want - rest assured, this is true - but I try to be courteous and respectful in my everyday life and my blog is an extension of that.

So, what's the solution?  For me, it was to create a wedding planning blog where I can write about the excitement and joy and frustration and pain that will go into my journey.  That way, if you want to read about it, you can, but you're not bombarded with it here!  Plus, I thought it would be a better way to keep it all seperate and organized so when I want to revisit it, I can do so.  Without further ado, I'd like to introduce you to my wedding planning blog:



If you would like to check out With This Wing, you can visit my page by clicking HERE.

*Disclaimer: I chose not to continue anonymity on With This Wing because it is really hard to do, and my family wants to read about the wedding.  So, if you choose to stalk me or my man, I will hunt you down.  You've been warned.  ;) 

Until next time,

2 comments:

Joy @ HowJoyful said...

That's so great that you started a wedding blog =] and don't hunt me down please :P

Unknown said...

@Joy @ HowJoyful: HAHAHAHA! I would never hunt you down - except to read your blog! LOL! You are fabulous, and thank you for the comment! Sorry it's taken me so long to follow up - life has gotten quite busy, hasn't it?!?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...