Friday, July 23, 2010

Chicken Wing Family Vacation 2010 Part I

There are certain things that you just look forward to every year - favorite holidays, your birthday, a friend or family member's wedding, etc.  For me, one of the things that tops my list of highly anticipated events is my family vacation.  As I've mentioned before, I have been blessed with the best family on the planet (I know you can tell I'm not biased at all).

We have been so fortunate to have been able to take a family vacation every year for as long as I can remember, and I don't take that for granted.  There are many people who only dream of being able to do that, so I thank God for that opportunity in my prayers.  Every year, we go to the beach, and every year it's an absolute blast!

Some girls like to party at the beach and get wild.  Call me old school but, for me, it's a time to recharge my batteries.  I rarely have the time to sit down and read a good book, or catch up on my Real Simple magazine subscription.  I'm not located in close proximity to a beach, so I don't get to take 2 mile walks in the sand and surf daily.  I do get to do those things at the beach.  I also get to turn in my normal shade of "vampire white" for "brown-as-a-biscuit."  I can stay up late and sleep in, and I feel so at peace when I'm at the beach.

This year, the Familia de Chicken Wing got to spend our week at the beach with my Aunt J, Uncle R, and Cousin C.  We had such a great time!  Here are some photos from our week at the amazingly beautiful Sunset Beach, North Carolina - home of the annual Chicken Wing Family Vacation.

*Part I Photos by Little Sister Chicken Wing

Little Sister CW, Momma CW, Miss CW

The beach is a great place for activities, like cartwheels,

heel stretches, 

scorpions,

and random, celebratory jumps. 

The people understand these random activities because they're happy to be there too.

There are wind-induced canopy attacks. 
Exhibit A:  Aunt J and Uncle R

Exhibit B:  Yours truly with the aftermath.

There are trips to world-famous donut shops!

 REMIX:  "I'll take you to the Donut Shop."

"Once you eat a donut, you will not stop."

You get to spend quality time with your little sister.

Seriously, we need our own show.  I feel like we could make ratings spikes happen.
So, as you can see by looking at a few of Little Sister Chicken Wing's photos, we had a great and relaxing time.  I promise Little Brother CW and Cousin CW were there, too, but you'll have to wait for my photos for physical evidence of that.  Stay tuned for Part II, Peeps!

Until next time,
Miss Chicken Wing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...