Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Love Was Made For Me And You

Well, Peeps, you know how I love to share things with you. That is the point of this blog, after all. Some things are funny, some things are awesome, some things are painful, and some things are deep. My experiences over the past month have made me really stop and ponder about love. I thought it would be helpful to me to chronicle snippets about this most-feared, most sought after, and most coveted emotion that struck me - and stuck with me. I think it will be quite fun to look at this post again in a few years to see what's changed and what I still get moved by.

So here goes. Here are some of the ramblings about love that have struck a chord with yours truly. Hopefully something here will inspire you! Feel free to leave me any thoughts that you've found that mean a lot to you, as I'm always pondering about different facets of life. As much as I love to share my own, I would also love to hear your theories.

"No one falls in love by choice, it is by chance. No one stays in love by chance, it is by work. And no one falls out of love by chance, it is by choice." - Author Unknown

"When you are in any context, you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

"There are three great things in life. The first thing is for you to love someone. The second is for someone to love you back. The third is when the first two happen at the same time." Author Unknown

"Love is giving someone the power to destroy you and trusting them not to." - Author Unknown

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage." - Lao Tzu

"The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary." - Donald Kendall

"I'm looking for baggage that goes with mine." - RENT

"In the end, it's the extra effort that separates the winner from second place. But winning takes a lot more than that, too. It starts with the complete command of the fundamentals. Then it takes desire, determination, discipline, and self-sacrifice. And finally, it takes a great deal of love, fairness, and respect for your fellow man. Put all these together and even if you don't win, how can you lose?" - Jesse Owens

"Anything worth having is worth fighting for." - Thomas Jefferson

And finally, here is what singer Seal told Oprah in a sit-down interview with her (featuring wife, and probably the hottest woman on the planet, Heidi Klum):

"The most important thing is that we put each other first. I always say that it goes in order of priority—it's my wife first, then the family, then my career," Seal says. "The most common hiccup is when couples get married … and then they have kids, and it [becomes] all about the kids, which is understandable because they're miraculous. But you've got to put each other first…she will always be number one for me." Source

So basically, if you are a man out there that believes in what Seal just stated so eloquently above, then see me for a boyfriend-role application ASAP! ;)

Until next time,
Miss Chicken Wing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...