Thursday, June 9, 2011

Busy Is As Dizzy Does

As you may have been able to tell, my posting has been very erratic lately, and I am sorry for that!  It's not that I don't adore you guys, but it's that for some reason, somebody decided to only put 24 hours in a day (the nerve). So, to make up for that, I give you THE MOST MASSIVE CATCHUP POST I CAN MUSTER. You have been warned.

I wanted to catch you all up on the goings-on of the Chicken Wing, so you can each revel in the fact that you're not me for awhile.  There are two words that best describe me and my life at this moment in time:  busy and dizzy.  The good news is that I've been SO BUSY with a lot of good things in my life.  The bad news is that the busy-ness has led to lack of sleep and lack of sleep has most likely contributed to the massive allergy attack that has been plaguing me of late.  The massive allergy attack has led me to take Alavert - D and Wal-dryl (Walgreens' version of Benadryl), which is where the dizzy part comes in - whew, boy, these antihistamines aren't playing around!

Oh, hello, friends!
Okay, obviously the meds are affecting my attention span, so back to the good stuff that's been keeping this Wing so busy.  As you read in a prior post, I had a traumatic evening concerning one of my neighbors on Tuesday of last week.  That ordeal kept me up until 2am, and after a few short hours of sleep, I went in to work a full day.  On Thursday, I had taken a half-day vacation from my full-time job, and we actually booked a wedding to photograph with my part-time job, so I worked a 15-hour day that day.  Then, I waited for Little Sister Chicken Wing to get off work at midnight, we packed our things into the car, and headed home to Momma Chicken Wing's house, getting in at 2:30am (I don't know what it was with me and the 2am hour that week).

The next morning, Friday, both Little Sister CW and I had taken off work for a special reason.  We met up with some lovely ladies at 8am (yes, very little sleeping going on) and had the most wonderful pedicures.  You may think that would be an odd choice of activities for that early in the morning, but it was, again, for a very special reason.  We then went to a special venue, and Chicken Wing got crack-a-lackin' in Event Planner mode.  There were crafts to finish, hot glue guns to heat up, cameras to prep, chairs to be set out, and decor and floral to be arranged.  Why in the world would I put myself through all of this?

Because this client bride was none other than Momma Chicken Wing!
 That's right!  In a huge surprise to most folks, I've been planning and executing my own mother's wedding weekend!  It was a huge success and Momma CW and her new husband, whom we'll call Dubya, are very happy newlyweds. It was a ton of work, but all-in-all, we couldn't have had a better day! The weather was great, and when your client is happy, you are happy. That sentiment is echoed tenfold when your client is a member of your family.

As you can see, I've been rolling lately, and I wouldn't have it any other way - except for these darned allergies! Sheesh, I wish they'd move on out of here and let a Chicken Wing breathe. Not to mention, I'd like to have my old voice back. This raspy mess of a voice can only be described as one used by a sex hotline operator, and I try to live my life quite a bit classier than that.

So, in the words of the ever-articulate Taylor Swift, I ask my allergies, "Why you gotta be so...mean?"  I digress.  The reason I'm so bothered by these allergies, and want them to go away, is because one of my good friends from high school is GETTING MARRIED this week to another one of my good friends from high school...and they're getting married at the beach! Oh, you thought my busy schedule was over? NOT A CHANCE!

Aren't they the cutest?!?!?!
I will have the privilege of participating in the big day as one of G-K's bridesmaids, along with these gorgeous girls:

All the pretty ladies (minus one)!
So, as you are reading this massive post, I will be at the beach doing bridesmaid things and preparing to help another happy couple tie the knot!  I'm a sucker for a happy ending, what can I say?  I will hopefully be back to blogging regularly soon.  I still have a ton of photos to edit, and I'm sure that will only increase with G-K's wedding.  Either way, I hope you have a great week!

Until next time,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

@Susan Amestoy: Wow! I'm not sure how you found little ole me, but thank you so much for checking out the blog and for your interest in my "how we met" story! I watched your interview and was completely taken with the overall feeling of your book! I will have to figure out how to best articulate our story - although if you're immediately curious, you should search for my post "A Story About A Unicorn." That's how I shared our story with my readers! :) I love the concept of the book, and I'd love to be a part of it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...