Friday, July 15, 2011

Family Matters Pt. 2

There are certain necessary components when planning a family reunion.  The given is family - if you don't have family, you don't have anything!  The rest can be easily depicted in the fancy pie chart I've made for the sole purpose of teaching y'all about family reunions in an easy-to-understand format.


I'd like to affectionately call this the food post in the Family Matters series, as it centers primarily around some finger-lickin' good eats!  If you need a more scientific reference, we're going to be checking out the red section above.  Warning:  You may, in fact, drool all over yourselves.  Second Warning:  In the event that heavy drooling floods your computer keyboard and renders it useless, you have my most sincere apologies.  Third Warning:  Photo-heavy post ahead!

You know you're in for a good time when this is the appetizer table!

Desserts anyone?  Yes, please! {Check out those scrumptious brownies that may or may not have been made by Comanche and yours truly.}

Oh, Southern deliciousness.....come to Mama!

There are few foods I love more than country ham!

Strawberry confections were in abundance, and I'd have to say I like it that way!

This parfait thing absolutely rocks my socks off.  If I could jump off a diving board and into this dessert, I would absolutely do it.

And you may be wondering where all of these goodies were being kept?  Why, at our normal family reunion meeting place - Aunt B and Uncle D's house!  They have an awesome space to host our wonderful family and they so graciously offer their home to all of us - there aren't enough words to explain how wonderful they are and how much appreciation I have for them.

The party house!

So, we've covered all the warnings, and we've also covered the food portion of the family reunion pie chart.  Up next?  The fellowship and fun, of course!  Stay tuned, folks!

Until next time,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...