Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Top 10 Reasons I Haven't Blogged in a Short While

1. Memorial Day Weekend.



2. Working late on a top-secret project at my job.



3. Errands that had to be run after work.



4. The season premiere of "Here Come the Newlyweds" on ABC.



5. The season premiere of "So You Think You Can Dance" on FOX.



6. Trying to get some exercise back into my life. (I was on a brief hiatus. Okay, maybe not as brief as I wish it was).



7. Washing tons of laundry in my BRAND NEW WASHER!!!! (Take that, crappy old one! Who needs you, anyways?!?!?!)



8. Hanging out with friends and family, which sometimes has to take priority over blogging.



9. Taking the dogs for longer walks EVERY DAY IT'S NOT RAINING. Why is that in all caps, you ask? Listen to the Chicken Wing, because she has something new to be excited about. Mama Chicken Wing just bought me a present - new tennis shoes! Why? Because she was embarassed to be seen with me. I don't wear tennis shoes - I still have (and wear) the only two pair of t-shoes I own. One is my high school cheerleading shoes and the other are the pair I got when I was a freshman in college! LOL! I know. But, I always wear heels, ballet flats, or flip flops, so I usually only wear t-shoes to work out in. Mama Chicken Wing decided that she'd had enough. So, I got these fabulous Reebok EasyTone shoes (yes, the pink & white ones in the picture)!





They tone you while you walk normally, by making your balance a tad bit off. Not enough to make you fall down or anything. They advertise that it feels like you're walking on a sandy beach - and I have to say, that is what they feel like! My dogs and I walk basically the same route every time, and I was sore after walking that familiar route with my new shoes on. I love them!! So, more walking = less time for blogging.



AND THE LAST REASON I HAVEN'T BLOGGED IN A SHORT WHILE



10. Because having a day off (Memorial Day) really messed with my head. Yes, I was busy, but I also caught up on sleep (or so I thought). Tuesday rolled around, and I was at work. I noticed my watch said 4:55pm. I thought my watch battery had died or that I'd accidentally moved it forward somehow. I thought it was about to be lunch time because I was hungry. I get back to my desk, and all of my clocks say 4:55pm. It was 4:55pm! I had already been home and had lunch! It was almost time to go! Talk about crazy!


Basically, it's not safe to blog while being crazy!


I hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend. I am truly thankful for all who have served, are serving, or will serve our country. It is a respect that is deeply rooted in me. I have another belief about the armed forces: If you can't or don't stand behind our brave men and women, please feel free to stand in front of them.


Did you do anything fun for Memorial Day?
If so, comment and tell the Chicken Wing.
Chicken Wing wants to know!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...