Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hello, friends!

The Chicken Wings are officially back from vacation and are busy and back at work! I apologize that I haven't had a chance to put up any pictures (or a recap, for that matter). I promise that I will be working on that in the very near future.

To recap the last few days for you, we sure have been busy! We got home from our beach excursion on Sunday, had a minor ant infestation that had to be taken care of on Monday morning, went back to work Monday, then I had to drop Mr. Chicken Wing off at the airport at 4:30am this morning to make his business-trip-to-Phoenix flight on time. Whew, we've been busy! As you can probably guess, we also had to do quite a bit of laundry in there to allow for the ultra-quick turnaround time between travels for Mr. Chicken Wing. But, we got it done, and he is currently in the air on his way to Arizona. Hopefully, I will be hearing from him soon that his second flight of the morning has touched down safely! (Keep your fingers (or chicken's feet) crossed for us!) He is going to Phoenix for a large company training, and I think it's cool because only he and one other colleague of his got to go! (Plus, he's never been to Arizona, so that should be really awesome!)

So, all in all, it's been a hectic start to the week. You know how it is when you come back to work after a week off - you have hundreds of emails to follow-up on, at least 5-10 voice mails to follow-up on, and everything is a complete emergency and has to be done right this second! Sometimes it can make you feel like, "Was it really worth it to take time off???"

As for me, this year, the answer was still YES! It was totally worth it!

So, I can't wait to update you on the week. Stay tuned!

I'll leave you with this great quote that I heard from my favorite magazine, Real Simple.

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." - Anonymous


Photo by Nancy Newberry

Until next time,
Miss Chicken Wing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...