Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Chicken Wing Movie Review: Once

This Chicken Wing Review will be an atypical one, because although I saw and liked the movie 'Once,' I am more excited about the soundtrack!

The movie was entertaining enough. 'Once' is the story about a guy and a girl who happen to love music and try their hands at writing and composing individually and then discover what beautiful music they can make together. It's shot documentary style, and there are tons of awkward silences and weird pauses, but that's what's endearing about it. You watch the film and think that it's the little movie that could.

While the acting wasn't my favorite, the songs are fantastic. Glen Hansard (who plays the guy) and Marketa Irglova (who plays the girl) complement each other so well. I would say that Glen's vocals are the standout, but Marketa has the most haunting tone to her voice. To see either of them, you would fail to see the immense talent that each possesses, but luckily for you, you have me! I will share some of their incredible songs with you, and you can thank me later!

Here we go! As always, I own absolutely nothing you are about to hear. I am simply a lover of movies and music, and I want to share my love with all of you.

First up is 'Lies.' The lyrics, vocals, and music are painfully beautiful.


Source

I love this next one, too, called "When Your Mind's Made Up." This one I think anyone could relate to when dealing with someone who is so stubborn but you happen to love them anyway.


Source

This one allows Marketa to shine. It's called "If You Want Me," and I just adore the tone of her voice. It's so sweet, and definitely unexpected.


Source

And, the last one I will leave you with is the song that earned these two an Academy Award. It's gorgeous, and I love the lyrics. Their voices intertwine with each other so well on this track, called "Falling Slowly." It's the theme song for the movie, and I hope you love it too.


Source

So there you have it! Get out there and buy that soundtrack! You will love it, and will be performing your own Grammy-winning renditions in your car! :)

Until next time,
Miss Chicken Wing

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great blog Cait ... Lies thats the song that turned me on to him!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...