Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Happy Birthday Post!


Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday LITTLE SISTER CHICKEN WING,

Happy Birthday to youuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!

I always love the story that Momma Chicken Wing tells people about when she was carrying you. Being the first-born, I was always quite opinionated (and spoiled, but that's another story for another day). When she told people she was expecting another baby, everyone thought that you would be a boy. I adamantly disagreed, saying, "No, that's my sister." And so it was that you were, in fact, my sister. (I also happened to call that my brother was my brother, when everyone thought Mom would have three girls, but again, I digress).

From the day you were born, I wanted to be the best big sister ever, and I had as hard of a time watching you grow up as Mom did. When you got to high school, I wanted to protect you from all the bad things that high school can bring about. When you started dating, I was the person those boys had to fear most. You know as well as I do how a few of those situations turned out - not some of my finer moments.

We have some of the worst fights in the world, and there are times when I honestly don't see how we both survived all these years. But no matter how crazy you drive me, you will always be my little sister. I will always be in your corner, fighting for you more than I ever will be against you. I am so proud of the person you've become, and I've long looked forward to seeing the adults the three Wing-kids would become. So far, I think we've turned out alright. :) So here's to you, Little Sister Chicken Wing, on your twenty-third birthday! I love you so much, and I am proud to call you my sister, my roommate, and my friend!

The Wing Fam at a UNC game!

Little Sister Chicken Wing & her boo!

Keeping up with the Wingashians!

Until next time,
Miss Chicken Wing

1 comment:

Ashton said...

I love this and I love you!!! THANKS GWENNIE!!

P.S. we should have our own show. we would kill in ratings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...