Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Only Thing That's Constant Is Change, Part II

For Part I, go here.

Well, Peeps - this is it. This post is the follow-up to the post I wrote here. I would have to again reiterate just how blessed I feel to call each and every reader of this blog a friend, even if we've never met before. The love and support that I've received in recent times is more than I deserve, and when I count my blessings, each of you are on my list.

Without further delay, here we go. There are three things in life I know for sure.

{One - I am one of the most blessed individuals on the planet.}

No matter what negativity takes place in my life, I know that there are people who would kill to take a stroll in my peep-toe shoes, and I do not take that for granted. I have been blessed as can be in regards to occupation, and I spend my days being fulfilled knowing that I helped someone in some way. I am drowning in love from my friends and family, and the submersion feels amazing. It's astounding to me how one little comment on facebook or my blog, in my email inbox or as a text/voice mail on my phone can lift my spirits so much that I feel like I can do anything I want to do. That is something I will never forget for the rest of my life.

{Two - The only thing that's constant is change.}

You might have read in my post here that I was very excited about a lot of things that were going on that weekend. One of the things I was excited about was that Mr. Chicken Wing was coming back to town for a visit.

I knew that we had events to go to and friends to see. I knew that the distance had been hard on our relationship. I knew that he had a hard time focusing when he was surrounded by lots of other things. I didn't know just how different things would become in an instant.

I will not go into details because they are personal. The bottom line is this: Mr. Chicken Wing and I are no longer together. We had some intense discussions regarding our six-year union, and at the end of the day decided we each needed more than what was presently there; he needed more time and energy to devote to getting himself and his life to where he wanted to be, and I needed someone who wants the same things out of life that I do. Nothing more, nothing less.

While initially, I was very upset because I had no time to prepare for the discussion, after a lot of retrospective thought and prayer, I realized that this move was in the best interest of each of us. I feel extensive relief in regards to the fact that I finally have a resolution, and I feel proud that I have been intelligent enough not to lose myself in a relationship. I wasn't left with nothing when this relationship ended. I was left with everything except a boyfriend, and that's not a bad place to be.

Contrary to popular assumption before speaking with me, I am not at all bitter, angry, or jilted. I have absolutely no regrets, because my relationship with him was a vehicle that transported me from a simple college student to the woman I am today. I learned invaluable lessons about relationships and about myself. I am left with a lot of fun memories, and a ton of hope for the future - my outlook on life is sunny. I also hope that each of us gets what we want out of life - that would be the ultimate win!

So, while life has presented a path that I hadn't really given much consideration to, I am currently walking down the new path as confident as ever. I am on the journey to who I want to be and what I want in life, and it feels amazing! I can now use this experience to further allow me to be there for others, which is an added bonus in itself. So, bottom line: This girl is going to be okay! I just wanted to take the time to share this life change with my Peeps, because this blog is an honest account of my life, thoughts, and experiences, and as I said before...the only thing that's constant is change.

{Three - Change is not necessarily a bad thing.}

Every day I learn more and more that change should not be feared, but embraced. It will always be there, and sometimes happens when you least expect it. While sometimes change is bad (you lose a loved one, your job, you have to move or put your life back together), I believe that everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay now, then it's not the end. Change teaches us adaptability, and that is a survival skill necessary to practice. I used to fear change, but I am learning to accept that things change, and people change, and situations change - there are only so many things I can control, and that's okay. I have enough on my plate. I'm perfectly content letting God handle the rest. :)

These three things I know for sure, and I am so glad I could share them with you.

Until next time,
Miss Chicken Wing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...