Wednesday, January 6, 2010

THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED SNOWSTORM POST PART IV

This is my final snow post, with some additional recap vlog entries, along with one of my favorite parts of snowstorms - the popular-where-I'm-from snow cream!


Okay, so what about this snow cream bowl? What is the big deal? Well, Peeps, when it snows, you get the opportunity to create your very own wintry version of homemade ice cream! Cleverly named snow cream, it's extremely easy to make, and you only have to have a few ingredients on hand.

Those ingredients are as follows:

1. Milk (usually, I use 1% or 2%)
2. Sugar
3. Vanilla extract
4. Snow

Yep, that's it! I do wish I had exact measurements for you, but unfortunately, I don't! It's one of those "a little of this, a little of that" type of mixtures! But, it's still really easy to do. In order to further help you along the way, I've included pictures! (This way, you can sort of gauge whether or not you're close!)

First, put some milk in a bowl. Then, add some vanilla extract, and stir. When you've added enough, it should be a very light taupe color. Add in a little bit of sugar, and stir to give it some pre-snow sweetness.

Exhibit A.

Then, go outside and retrieve your designated snow cream bowl, and bring your treasure inside! :)

Exhibit B.

Next, add in the snow until it's pretty chunky. You need it to be thicker than you think you would like it because obviously, snow melts pretty quickly in the house. When you've got a good snow-to-mixture ratio, it should look something like this.

Exhibit C.

You may have to add a bit more sugar once you get to this stage - you want it to taste sweet like ice cream. Then, all that's left to do is put your snow cream bowl back outside if you're planning on making more the next day, and then enjoy the delicious treat that is sure to give you a massive brain freeze! Owies! But, as you can tell, the good definitely outweighs the bad!

In other words, it's completely worth it.

I hope you all get the chance to make and enjoy some snow cream. This is one of my fondest snow memories from my childhood, and I can't wait for the opportunity to share this memory with any future baby Chicken Winglets I'm blessed to have. :)

There are only a few Christmas posts left, so stay tuned!

Until next time,
Miss Chicken Wing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...