Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Thank You, Britain!

I wanted to (possibly) introduce you to a saying that has great history, and can also serve as a personal mantra. I'd seen posters, and canvas artwork, and vinyl wall clings that showcase the graphic I'm about to show you, so I hope you like it!


The reason why I titled this post "Thank You, Britain!" is because this is a motivational poster that was created in Britain for use during World War II. The crazy thing about it is that the creator is unknown, and the poster was never even used! How did I come to know about it, then??? Someone rediscovered it in 2000, and since then, it's become insanely popular, and WHY NOT? It's fabulous! This really spoke to me, because I am someone who is often too anxious - I am a worrier (sometimes I could even be upgraded to minor panicker). I've found this graphic to be both soothing and good advice, and therefore I have it framed in my home office.

Here is a fantastic passage from Wikipedia.com that shares a little bit more of the history of this great saying:

"The poster was initially produced by the Ministry of Information in 1939 during the beginning of World War II, and was intended as a "last case scenario" to be used only should the Nazis succeed in invading Great Britain, in order to stiffen resolve. Two-and-a-half million copies were printed, although the poster was distributed only in limited numbers." Source

So, I hope you find it helpful and cool, just like I do!
Until next time,
Miss Chicken Wing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...