Monday, February 1, 2010

2010 Grammy Awards Recap

So last night was the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards, and overall I thought it was a great show. I loved the performances of the night, including Lady Gaga and Elton John singing a duet, Pink doing an amazing aerial performance, Lady Antebellum doing a great job with their hit "Need You Now," Beyonce waaiilliinngg "If I Was a Boy," a stunning duet by Mary J. Blige and Andrea Boccelli, and a fantastic rap explosion featuring Lil Wayne, Drake, and Eminem. (Don't worry, there were more performances than that!)

For any of you that know me, or really for anyone who's read this blog at all, the highlights of the night, for me, were the stunning 3D tribute to Michael Jackson and the acceptance of his Lifetime Achievement Award by his children. I mean, really - it's not a secret that I am an MJ freak!

For those of you who missed it, you know I wouldn't fail you. HUGE kudos to Celine Dion, Usher, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, and Smokey Robinson, who definitely did the King of Pop proud.




Source

Honestly, the only complaint I had with this tribute is that I wish it could have been longer. Heck, they could have had the ENTIRE 3.5 hours dedicated to Michael Jackson, and I would have been glued to the screen.

There were a few awards that sat a little wrong with me, but hey - I am not on the judging panel for the Grammys, so I can't complain but so much. I won't ruin those for you, just in case you TiVo'd the show and plan to watch it later.

So, with that, I hope you enjoyed the tribute as much as I did, and may the spirit of the King of Pop live on forever and ever.

Until next time,
Miss Chicken Wing

*Note: I do not own any rights, nor do I wish to claim that I do by republishing this video in my blog. All rights belong to CBS, The Grammy Awards, and the estate of Michael Jackson.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...