Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend Recap!

Hello, everyone! I hope you had a fantastic weekend, and a really wonderful Easter! I know that my weekend was fabulous, and I can only wish that my Peeps had smiles on their faces!

Here's the Chicken Wing Weekend Recap:

Friday night was actually fairly tame for me, as I had to get any chores done that were going to be done. I had plans for the rest of the weekend! You cannot let chores interfere with your plans, now can you?

Saturday morning, Little Sister Chicken Wing and I took a little field trip because I wanted to check out a new table and chairs set that I'd seen on craigslist. Seriously, if you've never been on http://www.craigslist.com/, you should go there now. It's an internet yard sale extravaganza, and you can find just about anything on there! Now, I know that using craigslist has the potential to be dangerous, as you don't know the people who have the goods you want, and you have to meet up with them to get the goods, but so far, I'm 2 for 3 on my purchases.

The first purchase was a matching pair of mosaic-topped wine racks that I scored for only $20! Big win! After that, I looked into updating my coffee and end tables set...I had been wanting slate-topped tables for quite awhile, and I found them on craigslist! SCORE! I emailed the lady that owned them and expressed my interest - I told her I'd even drive to her (she was in a neighboring state even!). And she never emailed me back. Boo! Hiss!

So, after a minor temper tantrum about those tables, I decided that they weren't necessarily practical when I actually really needed a smaller table and chairs set for our eat-in kitchen. We had a gorgeous (and HUGE) dining room table in the kitchen that Mr. Chicken Wing's family had for years - it was one of our favorite things from his family's former home, and so I had to figure out some way to work things out. (Don't worry, Peeps, there's a fun project that's coming out of that!!! Stay tuned!)

So, my third crush was on a beautiful set in a city a few hours away from the Casa de Chicken Wing, so I drug Little Sis out to go with me. Did I mention that she drives a Ford Expedition? But, I really wanted company, too, so off we went on Saturday morning. We got to the couple's house, I loved the set in person, and the transaction was made! I was proud as a peacock about my fantastic find, and we even got to have a mini field trip on the way back home.

You see, I've mentioned before that I have the attention span of a gnat, and I saw this water wheel on the way to get the table and chairs. I decided that I must stop and see what it was about on the way back. Needless to say, I had no idea where I was, but some of the places looked familiar to me, like I'd been there before. It was strange. Then, lo and behold, we came upon the entrance to none other than Monticello, the home of third President Thomas Jefferson! We had each taken an actual school field trip there when we were children! The water wheel belonged to historic Michie Tavern, and we spent about an hour exploring.

Bum, bum, bum - water wheel!!!


Want photo evidence that Michie Tavern is an awesome place?

Sister shot!


Please excuse my attire...I was only planning on moving furniture that day!


Beautiful gift shop and restaurant on the property


Our "sister" dogwood flower rings - what can I say? We were representing our state!



Then, after all of that fun, we spent time sunbathing on the patio (because you have to start building your tan early!), and then got ready for a farewell party for one of our colleagues and best friends. He has taken a new job in a neighboring state, so we wanted to throw a dinner for him to celebrate the past three years! Here are some fantastic photos from the event - we will miss you, Mr. Fisch!


Mr. Fisch is in the white polo - all of us in the picture work together!

Little Sister Chicken Wing, the Weatherman, and yours truly

A Fisch sandwich!


And now that you've thought that there couldn't be any more fun to be had by the Chicken Wing family, we all gathered at Grandma & Papa Chicken Wing's house for Easter lunch, dinner, a tiny bit of Easter candy and Mexican domino tournament!!!





If you don't have this game, go buy it.

And that pretty much wraps up an incredibly fun weekend. As you can see, it totally wore us out...just ask MuChi!


It's Snuggie time!!! (Who's not ashamed?)


I think it's great to spend Easter with your family - it's a reminder of God's love for all of us, and the long lineage of love that brought us all into the world!

Until next time,
Miss Chicken Wing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...