Tuesday, April 13, 2010

'Tis The Details That Inspire Me

I find that I get inspired by many different things, and right now, fashion is something that leads the list.

It's amazing the mood-altering power that an article of clothing or an accessory can have on you. Sometimes, I have to happy clap when I put on a statement necklace. Ladies who wear hair flowers are girls after my own heart. (I am a HUGE fan of the hair flower, and wear them pretty regularly). When I get a new purse or pair of shoes, it's obvious in my strut. And, one of my favorite things concerning fashion? When you can get it on the cheap!


I'm all about being as thrifty as possible, so I keep Forever 21 in my favorites tab, and I check in on them from time to time. Today was one of those days, and look at the pretties I found, complete with flowers, bows, ruffles, lace, and layers!


Take the 'Chiffon Rose Trim Top.' It's absolutely beautiful - fun and feminine, and completely work appropriate! I can so see this with a pair of tapered leg black pants and your favorite heels! And for $17.80...come on now! To get this top, go here.
This little darling is called the 'Billions of Bows Top,' and I think it is absolutely precious! I really like their take on the bow situation, because bows are making a comeback! Rather than a super-sized version, this top almost looks ruffled, and I think the detailing is fantastic. And, $19.80? Makes you wanna smack your momma! Get it here.


Meet the 'Lace Peplum Top,' in all her gorgeous navy lace glory! This just screams, "WEAR ME TO THE BEACH!" I see this top and I love all the elements: the halter top, the corset detailing, and the layers - this top is all about the details, and it's easy to get inspired when you look at it! The best part? It's only $28! That's not bad at all! To get this look, go here.

If you love ruffles as much as I do, you have to start getting creative in where you place them! I have ruffled skirts, and ruffle-front button-down shirts, and even ruffled shoes. This t-shirt, called the 'Striped Capsleeve Top,' embodies just the creativity I'm talking about! The ruffles are featured subtly on the sleeves and I am all.about.it. It's $17.80, which is decent for a t-shirt as adorable as this one, and you can get it by going here.

Finally, say hello to my little friend! "Hello, 'Ruched Sleeve Knit Cardigan,' you saucy minx!" I need to get into this cardigan right stat! I love the draping, I love the pockets, and I love the relaxed sophistication. The only downside, in my opinion, is that there aren't more color choices. This would be one of those wardrobe staples...it would be a sin to not buy in every color, but the only one is heather grey. Not that I have a problem with that, because as you can see, it's absolutely beautiful! This one is the best deal of all at $12.80! Kiss my grits, and give me this cardigan! (You want one, too? Go here.)

I hope that you've enjoyed today's lovelies, and that you might have found some inspiration along the way. As always, I don't own any of the rights to these images - Forever 21 does...I just want to have them all hanging in my closet! Haha!

I'm curious if I'm the only one that gets a spring itch when it comes to being inspired by fashion. In fact, I look for inspiration in everything, so help me out, Peeps.

I want to know...what's inspired you lately?

Just leave a comment here or on facebook!

Until next time,
Miss Chicken Wing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...