Thursday, April 8, 2010

Let's Hear It For The Boy!

Why?

Because I lurrrrrvvvvveeee him!

I was having an iffy day today, just because the weather was crap - it was cloudy, gloomy, and POURING buckets of rain on the ground, and on my parade.

Plus, I was doing TONS of work in Microsoft Excel today...can we say spreadsheet hell? I can only take so much of that at a time, and this type of day only happens to me a few times per year, so I can't really complain too much. I know that I'm still blessed.

But, either way, as you all know, the weather can have a MAJOR effect on your mood, and that's just what had happened to me today. That is until....

...I received a call from our receptionist that said, "Hey, Chicken Wing, you have a package up here."

What??? I didn't order anything, and I wasn't expecting anything for work. I hustled my way up to the front desk and there sat a box from 1-800-FLOWERS.com.

"No way."

"Waaaaay."

So, I very excitedly ran back to my desk, ripped open the box (very carefully), and found these:

Aren't they gorgeous and springy???

They give my new table and chairs that extra something!

Here's the super sweet card that came with them!!!
(See, I told you the whole Chicken Wing persona was born because of him!)

They smelled amazing - everyone in the office loved them!

It was amazing how such a small gesture made such an impact in my day. I think I was especially happy because one of the differences in Mr. CW and me is that romance is at the top of my needs list, while it's not as important to him. It's been one of the constant struggles in our relationship. In the past few years, though, Mr. Chicken Wing has really made an effort to be more romantic - whether it's sending me a sweet text wishing me luck on a project or sending me the most amazing bouquet of flowers - just because.

S o b a s i c a l l y , M r . C h i c k e n W i n g . . .

I ' m s o l u c k y t o h a v e y o u .

Until next time,
Miss Chicken Wing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...