Sunday, August 8, 2010

Flamenco Inspiration

It always fascinates me where I find inspiration because, much like this blog, completely random things get my creative juices flowing.  An example of this is my most recent inpsiration.  I was channel surfing the other day, and came across a show on one of the Discovery or Travel-type channels, and they were discussing the art of flamenco dancing. 

For those of you who might not be familiar with the art form, Wikipedia won't let you down:  "Flamenco is a style of music and dance which is considered part of the culture of Spain, although it is actually native to only one region: Andalusia.  It has often been claimed that these influences coalesced [...] in the 15th century. Flamenco is popularly depicted as being the music of Andulusian gitanos (gypsies). Other regions, mainly Extremadura and Murcia, have also contributed to the development of flamenco, and many flamenco artists have been born outside the gitano community. Latin American and especially Cuban influences have also contributed."  Source


When I think flamenco, I think the series of sharp, crisp movements paired with swirling arm motions.  I think of the dresses that the female dancers where, and that is where I draw the most inspiration.

Source
Something about Spanish style has always spoken to me, and flamenco calls out to me in the same way.  For example, here are some home finds that scream "FLAMENCO" to me.


Please excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard.  Have you ever seen a shower curtain so luscious in your life?  Oh Anthropologie, you slay me.  Source
Adorable and ruffly - just the way I like it!  Source
"You can stand under my umbrella, ella, ella, ay, ay, ay."  Source

As you can see, there are tons of neat ways to incorporate art into your home.  If you have found any other flamenco-inspired items, please feel free to shoot them my way!  I'm always on the lookout and look forward to expanding my scope. 

Until next time,
Miss Chicken Wing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...