Thursday, August 4, 2011

Three Reasons Today Was Awesome

One thing that I feel is extremely important in life is taking and making the time to be grateful for something - for anything.  In life, things go wrong or not as you planned.  Some dreams don't work out.  Sometimes you lose someone or something close to you.  Sometimes, you feel as though your prayers are unanswered.

Let's be real here - it is so much easier to focus on what you don't have than to focus on what you do have, and I'm genuinely not a fan of that behavior.  My cold, hard look in the mirror reveals that I, too, let the negative get the better of me.  It's easier to whine than to be thankful, but that doesn't make it right.  I want to change that pattern of thinking in my life to the best of my ability.

So, I decided that I would share three reasons why today was awesome.  Here goes nothing!

Reason Number One:  I got to "get the day started" (as my friend M would say) with a hot cup of coffee in my very favorite coffee mug - a hilarious birthday gift from Little Sister Chicken Wing.

Mug Saying: "When The Going Gets Tough, Tell Me I'm Pretty."
Yes, it's summer.  Yes, I'm pasty.  Don't judge me.

Reason Number Two:  I got to watch the video featured in THIS POST that made me start my day with a hearty laugh!


Reason Number Three:  I received a very special gift from one of my amazing colleagues!  Check it out!

Bow chicky wow wow.

(Confession - it's not what you would think based on the packaging, but I think that's probably a good thing!  Haha!)

My gift was really tomatoes grown in her garden!!!!  Thanks, Nance!

Question to my readers:  Could you list any reasons why today was awesome?  If so, I'd love to hear them!  LEAVE A COMMENT! 

If you couldn't give one reason why today was a good day, you most likely need to do some business and check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Until next time,

1 comment:

The Red Dirt Road Diva said...

My Three Reasons Today was AWESOME!

1. Time away with my Bestie!
2. Breakfast at the Pocahontas Pancake House (featured in Southern Living!)
3. Enjoying an evening of great music with Uncle Kracker, Billy Currington and KENNY CHESNEY!

Tina
The Red Dirt Road Diva!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...