Monday, June 22, 2009

Mental Health Break: And because I was super busy yesterday!

Just wanted to take a quick break to wish a teensy-bit-delayed HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all of the dads out there!!! You definitely deserve a super-special day for all of your love and dedication! We never get to appreciate our parents enough, in my opinion!

Father's Day is usually a toss-up for me. Sometimes, I have a great day, and sometimes I'm just in a bummed kind of mood. This year was a mixture of both because as many of you know, Daddy Chicken Wing passed away when I was just a little chicken wing, and therefore Father's Day, his birthday, and all other holidays have the potential to be tough for me and my family.

We did have a great time, though, because we all got to get together on Mama Chicken Wing's side of the family to celebrate the day. I was only a little sad later, so I would call this year's celebration a huge success! :-)

I hope that each of you had a great day, and got to reach out to your dads. I always encourage my friends to hug their dads often, but especially on this day, because you never know what the future holds.

I know that I ended my day with a very long prayer, thanking God for my wonderful family and friends, because I have been blessed with a lot of love in my life, and for that, I am eternally grateful. I hope that each and every one of you had that type of feeling too - one of thanks.

In the words of Billy Currington, "God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy."*

Love to you all,
Chicken Wing

*Please note that we didn't actually drink beer on Father's Day. It's just the lyrics of a great and fun song! HeHe!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...