Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Time to Share Something I Love!

One of my favorite shows on television is So You Think You Can Dance on FOX. I seriously believe that it might just be the best thing that's ever happened to the world as far as reality TV goes.

Now, don't get me wrong...I love Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, and pretty much any DIY or design show on HGTV - all of which are reality shows. But, for some reason, I always get the MOST excited when SYTYCD comes on.

I think the reason why I get so much more obsessive about the show (as in a I-have-to-watch-it-or-I-might-just-die kind of thing) is because I used to be a dancer. No, not that kind of dancer - I trained in ballet, tap, jazz, modern, lyrical, clogging, and toe (on pointe) for 15 years of my life. That's a huge part of my upbringing and I know how hard it is to make it in the world of professional dance. This show is so ground-breaking (much like Idol), because the people who compete on the show actually get jobs because of people discovering their particular talent, using this show as their vehicle.

For example, several have made it to Broadway, there have been a few that have major roles in major motion pictures....not to mention the endless music video and backup dancer opportunities that come their way. I adore that about the show, because these people could have continued to struggle for years, but they got their shot because this show served as a platform.

The judges actually know what they are talking about, as every single one has been a professional dancer (in their own genres) and they are all choreographers. When they critique a number, it has validity and value. That is something that impresses me.

Not to mention, the Top 10 dancers get to go on tour all around the country. Yes, I have been to multiple tours with Familia de Chicken Wing and yes, I do own a t-shirt. HAHA! I told you, it's serious! But look at the following photos and you will see the extraordinary talent that gets discovered via this program. (And yes, I am that girl who memorizes the choreography as to capture the perfect shot!)





Off to watch my fave reality show,
Miss "Got-the-dance-fever" Chicken Wing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...