Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Taking a Mental Break

Well, two things seem to be very consistent lately....I am super busy and frazzled at work, and thunderstorms must be in fashion!

I just decided to take a mental break from databases/Excel spreadsheets and create a quick post for my faithful followers, who have no doubt been bored at my lack of posting lately! I'm truly sorry. Sometimes, after looking at a computer all day at work, it is the last thing I want to do when I get home.

Plus, my first (and second) issue of Real Simple magazine finally came!!!!! So, I have been preoccupied reading that! What a great weekend I just had, though! Friday night, Mr. Chicken Wing and I went to dinner with two of our best friends, Mr. & Mrs. Hokie (again, nicknames to protect the sources). Then, we all went to see The Hangover which I already explained in a previous post was the funniest movie I've seen thus far in my existence. Then, as if that wasn't enough, we went to Dairy Queen and enjoyed some dessert!

After all of that fun, Mr. Chicken Wing and I went to Mama Chicken Wing's house to spend the night. Saturday morning consisted of the fur-babies' haircuts (also known as the dogs had grooming appointments), and then we all went to Grandma & Papa Chicken Wing's house to spend the morning portion of the day. Then, it was back home for Mr. Chicken Wing and I.

We weren't done yet! Mr. Chicken Wing decided to relax at home and watch some movies that he had Netflix'd. (None of which were of interest to me, and as it turns out, neither were very good to him, as well.) I, on the other hand, decided to relax at a pool party with my work buddies! Great times!

Sunday was a relaxing day...I spent a good amount of time on my back patio getting a suntan and reading the first issue of my magazine. Of course, there had to be time allotted to cleaning the house and playing with the puppies!

So, all in all, it was a great weekend! On this hectic Hump Day, it all seems so far away! Hopefully, this weekend will be just as fun! :)

To all my readers, I hope you're having a great week and staying dry where you are!


Back to my 5'x5' box,
Miss Chicken Wing

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...