Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Reason For The Season

It's very, very rare that I actually like a Christmas song that is modern, and by modern, I mean not one of the standards we grew up with.  There are a few exceptions, and I'd like to share one of them with you today.  I'm sure you've most likely heard this song, but it is one of the most meaningful and beautiful modern Christmas songs I've ever been blessed enough to hear.

There are plenty of words that come to mind when you hear the name Faith Hill.  Some that always come to mind to me are as follows:  beautiful, gorgeous smile, incredible voice, loving, caring, devoted, passionate, creative, great mother and wife, grounded, inspiring.

Couple the incredible artist with a song that exceptionally highlights the actual reason for the Christmas season, and you're bound to have a grand slam. 

In church this past weekend, the message was about how easy it is to get caught up in the Christmas clutter - the things that don't actually mean anything at the end of the day.  It doesn't matter if you decorate your home, or fill your stockings, or shove people in the mall when you're trying to score the perfect gift - the reason for the season is the birth of Jesus Christ.

So, I ask this of you, Peeps.  Take a moment and listen to the words of this song (and appreciate how beautifully executed they are by Faith Hill).  Let the passion in the song move you, and make you pause - take a minute and remember all that's been done for you.  I guarantee it's the best way to get over any holiday gloom you may be experiencing.

It's my honor and pleasure to present to you, one of my favorite "new" Christmas songs, appropriately titled A Baby Changes Everything.


Source

Until next time,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...