Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Reverb 10 - Prompt #11

December 11 – 11 Things. What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)

I think the best way to answer this prompt is in list form, so here goes nothing!

11 Things My Life Doesn't Need in 2011

1.   Drama.  While this is probably going to occur in some form anyways, that wasn't the question. 

2.   Clutter.  I am going to be on a year-long constant battle in the war against clutter.  In 2011, I plan to win!

3.   Dehydration.  At the end of 2010, I am on a path to being so much better at drinking water.  I've severely cut back on the sodas and have been practicing good habits where the H2O is concerned!  2011 is going to be the year I get even better!

4.   Piles of laundry.  Gosh, do I get tired of seeing these!  I tell myself that everything will get better when I have a laundry room instead of an ill-placed laundry closet in my kitchen, but who am I kidding?  Bad habits now = bad habits later.  I'm kissing these piles goodbye in 2011!

5.   Fast food.  Convenience may be king in most rings, but I am going to err on the side of being fiscally conservative and try to boycott fast food in 2011.  My body doesn't need it.  My wallet doesn't need it.  Fast food, be gone!

6.   Folks who've been consistently hitting the Hater-ade. 2011 will find me surrounded by people that make me feel good and support me. If you want to walk in those shoes, I just don't need you in my life. I'm done pretending and it really is that simple.

7.   Staying up too late.  What the heck is my problem?  Late night = sluggish morning, and I really need to focus on re-prioritizing my evening agenda to include more sleep!  Seriously, the blogging, TV, and other "non-need" can wait!

8.   Overbooking.  I tend to sign up for everything in the world, but I need to do a better job in choosing things that mean the most to me, rather than committing to everything that's tossed my way.  I think I'll find that I get to put more of myself into the things I'm most passionate about, and that's really what it's all about.  And besides, one day I will realize that my two names are Chicken Wing...not Wonder Woman.

9.   Accepting less than I deserve.  Wow, am I pathetic in this category!  I have such a tendency to just say, "Oh, okay" instead of, "I'm worth more than that."  I've got to start being in my own corner if I want anyone else to be there!  Sheesh!

10.  Justifying everything.  I just need to stop it.  Not everything has to have a reason.  Seriously.  I know that everything happens for a reason, but I don't need to tell people about it all the time.  I annoy myself!  LOL!

11.  Worrying.  Worrying about things won't make them better, so I need to find new ways to dispell that bothersome energy.  I think I'll go with praying.  Or baking.  Or blogging.  Who knows?

Until next time,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...