Sunday, December 12, 2010

Reverb 10 - Prompt #7

December 7 – Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011? (Author: Cali Harris)

This prompt is actually easy for me.  This year, I started visiting a new church, and in it, I found a great pathway to God.  The lessons are relevant, and have always seemed to feel custom tailored to my life and what's important to me, and that has made a world of difference.  Here is an excerpt from a letter to God I wrote here:

"Thank You for leading me into a new church that has honestly felt personal to me each Sunday. It's always refreshing when the sermon feels like it was written just for you, and I know I wasn't the only member of the congregation who felt that way. I'd been on the hunt for a new church to revive my structured relationship with You, and I feel much happier now that I've tried new places."

I would like to continue a path towards this community in 2011 and I would also love to experience more opportunities to connect with community through community service in the coming year.  I've had a good handful this year, but there is always room for more!

So, ask yourself this question:  Where have you discovered community this year?  Did you find it in any unexpected places?


Until next time,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...