Thursday, December 9, 2010

Reverb 10 - Prompt #1

December 1 – One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you? (Author: Gwen Bell)

The one word that I would use to describe the year 2010 is change.  So many things changed for me this year!  I remember on New Year's Eve 2009, I told the friends I was gathered with at the time that 2010 was going to be a big year.  I could feel it.  Wow, was my intuition on point or what?  Granted, I never thought things would change in the ways they did, but change was definitely on the horizon.

Let's recap, shall we?  The economy stayed in a downturn, making it hard to live financially.  My boyfriend at the time moved 3 hours away thrusting us into a long-distance relationship.  Not long after that, my relationship of six years ended.  My grandfather's illness took a turn for the worst and eventually took his life.  I experienced the "d" word - dating - again for the first time since the age of nineteen.  I had the first blind date of my life, which was a change within the dating scene.  I met an amazing man, and began a great new relationship.  My family experienced hardship.  This is just scratching the surface.

The one word that I would love to be able to use to describe 2011 for myself would have to be complete.  I hope that I will be able to reflect upon 2011 as a year where I became even more fulfilled - with love, with savings, with greater faith, with family, with memories, with travels.  I want to accomplish more goals in 2011, and then I could feel more complete.   

Until next time,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...