Monday, December 13, 2010

Reverb 10 - Prompt #8

December 8 – Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful. (Author: Karen Walrond)

I found this prompt to be a difficult one, simply because I usually am uncomfortable speaking highly of myself.  That's not what this blog was designed for, even though it was designed to talk about me and things that go on in my life.  I thought the best way to answer this prompt was to do some "market research" on what makes me beautifully different.

One thing that stood out was my boyfriend's response to this question, and that was because several other people echoed his sentiments.  He answered that the lengths I go to to help others is what makes me beautifully different.  He's always chiding me for the multitude of projects I'm working on at any given time, and he sees how much they wear me out.  But he understands that it doesn't matter if I'm tired as long as I'm helping someone else.

I'm okay publishing that one because I'm proud of that quality.  Another response I got that I don't mind sharing is that "when I'm speaking to someone, they know they have my undivided attention."  I was thrilled to get this response because I haven't always been the best listener, and it's a skill I've had to constantly practice, so that made me feel a bit accomplished in that endeavor.

As far as my own responses to this question, I would simply list the following:

- I love to compliment people, so I figure that makes them light up.
- 99% of the time, I am wearing a huge smile.
- I will go out of my way to make things easier for others.
- I am a people-pleaser to a fault.
- I'm OCD about food.
- By OCD, I mean that it cannot touch.
- When there are multiple items on my plate, I eat all of one thing, then twist my plate counter-clockwise.
- I am such a goofball - I love to laugh and make others laugh.

That's all I can come up with, and that is after a LOT of deep thought.  Haha!  What would you say about yourself - what makes you beautifully different?

Until next time,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...