Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Reverb 10 - Prompt #12

December 12 – Body Integration. This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present? (Author: Patrick Reynolds)

For me, I haven't had too many moments of consistent body integration since I left the worlds of cheerleading and dance.  Growing up, I had practices and classes every single week, so I was completely integrated most of the time.  As you all know, when you grow up, you forget to make time for yourself because you're too busy making time for everyone else.

I started Zumba this year, and that has been a blessing!  It feels good to get back into a studio and dance my little heart out!  It feels good to live my life in eight-counts again.  It feels good to just F-O-C-U-S.  Focus on the music, focus on the instruction, focus on perfecting the movements.  I have a hard time with staying focused but you don't have too much of a choice when someone is telling you what to do, so I love that about Zumba.

Check out this video to see how fun it can be!


Source

Until next time,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...