Friday, December 17, 2010

Reverb 10 - Prompt #14

December 14 – Appreciate. What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it? (Author: Victoria Klein)

Sheesh, this is a hard prompt for me!  There have been so many things that I have come to appreciate in 2010.  With all the lessons I've learned this year and with all the experiences I've had, it's really hard to just pick one to put in the spotlight. That's what the prompt calls for, though, so here goes.

Source
I think the one thing that I have come to appreciate most in the past year is honesty.  I think this is the best one to highlight because it is far-reaching in my life.  I appreciate the way I've been able to look out into the world in an honest frame of mind.  I have come to intensely value when someone looks me in the eye and tells me the truth.  This year has taught me the joy to be had when people say what they mean and mean what they say.

I've been forced to take a good, hard, honest look at myself and my life this year.  I've had to evaluate the repercussions of decisions I've made and the possible outcomes of goals that I've set.  I've had to honestly and candidly deduce what characteristics I needed in a partner, in my friends, and in my support system.  I've had to honestly look at what was going to be best for me.

The way that I express gratitude for honesty is by being honest with myself and with others.  If I'm in the wrong, I accept the honest truth that I'm wrong and apologize if feelings were hurt.  If someone asks me for my honest opinion, I give it.  If they inquire for advice, I respond with an honest account of what I would do.  When I say that I'm going to do something, I stand by my word.  I also make sure to thank God for the honesty and truth that He's brought into my life, because I know that He had something to do with it.

What's the one thing you've come to appreciate most in 2010?

Until next time,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...