Monday, December 20, 2010

Reverb 10 - Prompt #18

December 18 – Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did  / didn’t go for it? (Author: Kaileen Elise)

Gracious, goodness!  There are so many things I want to try, so narrowing the list down for this prompt needed some heavy thinking.

I think the thing that I really want to try most in 2011 is to go and create some experiences.  I want to save money so that if I get the notion to go somewhere, I can up and do just that.  (To be honest, I want to save money in general, but this would be a great thing to save money for).  I want to do some traveling in 2011, and it will be interesting to give this a try outside the normal family adventures.  It will be a brand new world as it will be the first time I'll be exploring on my own.

If I get the time, I would also like to try to begin learning Italian next year.  I've already got the dictionary, and I'm hoping I can figure out a way to cost effectively learn the language for the trip I want so badly to take!  I want to go to Italy at some point, darn-it!

Dreamy, isn't it?  Source
One thing I know I'm going to try in 2011 is cooking more - and I don't just mean cooking more, but more recipes outside of my comfort zone.  I feel like there is a domesticated Chicken Wing inside me dying to be free, but I haven't figured out how to tackle my lack of confidence in the kitchen.  This is one I wanted to do more of in 2010, but as you can see, I didn't do it and therefore, my confidence hasn't ripened at all.  That is something that I am going to conquer next year!  Mark my words!  I want to be able to share some successful recipes with you (and be proud of myself in the process).   

What do you want to try in 2011?

Until next time,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...