Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Reverb 10 - Prompt #10

December 10 – Wisdom Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out? (Author: Susannah Conway)

Hmmm....

I find that this prompt is actually very hard to answer, even though I already know the answer.  The difficulty is in the wording of my answer, and that has caused me to be very careful and very deliberate in my word selection.

In all the decisions I made this year that greatly impacted the path my life was on, the wisest decision I made this year was to trust myself.  When I say this, I don't simply mean that I decided to trust my instincts, although that also proved to be true.  I mean that I genuinely decided to trust myself - to trust my relationship with God, to trust the head on my shoulders, to trust the vision of my eyes, and to trust the heart in my chest.

I've always been the type of person who desires other people's approval - as I said in a previous prompt, I am a people-pleaser to a fault.  My whole life, I spent more time and energy trying to please everyone but me, and it's been a hard road getting to the point where "me" mattered more than others.

I was faced with a lot of forks in the road this year, and somewhere along the journey, I made the conscious decision to trust myself to make the right choices for me, and I have come to discover that it's played out so much better than I ever dreamt of giving myself credit for. 

I have made some tough decisions this year....life-altering decisions.  I'm happy to report that those decisions were the right ones for me.  I am confident in saying that, and I've found that for the first time in my life, it doesn't matter to me if I don't have the support of every single person in the world.  I've learned that it's actually much more important to be true to yourself - the people who are meant to be there for you...will.

What's the wisest decision you made this year?

Until next time,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...