Thursday, December 16, 2010

Reverb 10 - Prompt #13

December 13 – Action When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step? (Author: Scott Belsky)

Well, this seems to be quite the abstract prompt, now doesn't it?  Well, in general, if I have an idea and want to make it happen, I start by making a list.

Yes, folks, Chicken Wing is a list-maker.  I typically find that if I make a list of the steps that need to happen, or the materials I will need, or whatever the case may be, I can then decide which avenues to take to make those things happen.  I'm also a fan of "visualize then attack."  I try to mentally walk myself through the process of making my idea a reality, and play out different endings that could happen.  I find that I can be more prepared that way.

Finally, I subscribe to the ever-popular Albert Einstein definition of insanity:  "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."  If I find that one way of turning my idea into a reality isn't working, I do something different.

Until next time,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...